Agenda – Monday 11th February 2019

AGENDA

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies for absence should be notified to the Clerk before 6.00 pm on the day of the meeting, if possible.

 

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS

Members to declare any disclosable pecuniary interest or non-pecuniary interest which they have in any item of business on the agenda, the nature of that interest, and in respect of disclosable interests, to leave the meeting prior to the discussion of that item.

If declarations are not made at this point in the proceedings, they should be made as soon as the Member becomes aware of an interest.

Whilst the Clerk can advise on the Code of Conduct and its interpretation, the decision to declare (or not) is the responsibility of the Parish Councillor, based on the circumstances of the matter in hand.

 

3. MINUTES

To approve, as a correct record, the minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on 7th January 2019.

DRAFT Minutes – 7 January 2019

 

4. MATTERS ARISING

To raise any matters from the above minutes.

 

5. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

Members of the public can ask questions or address the Parish Council.

 

6. FINANCIAL MATTERS

6.1        Authorisation of payments

£222.23              Dr MJ Bailey – salary payment for Clerk (Feb 2019)

£55.55                HMRC for month 11 of the tax year (Clerk’s salary)

£90.00               Baddiley & Ravensmoor Chapel (room hire)

RECOMMENDATION:                Members are asked to approve the above paymen

 

6.2        Ledger/Bank Reconciliation Statement (1st April 2018-31st Jan 2019)

The ledger/bank reconciliation statement for the period 1st April 2018-31st January 2019 is presented to Members for note.

Burland Parish Council Ledger 01.04.18 – 31.01.19 5.02.19

 

7. BOROUGH COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

 Borough Councillor W S Davies to report on any Cheshire East Council matters of interest.

 

8. HIGHWAY MATTERS/SPEED WATCH

 To receive an update on any issues relating to highways in the parish and affecting the parish.

8.1 Speed Gun

To provide an update on issues relating to use of the speed gun.

 

8.2 Speed Indication Device (SID)

To update on the use of the SID in the parish.

 

9. PLANNING MATTERS

9.1 Planning Applications

The Parish Council is invited to comment on the following planning applications, which can be viewed on the Cheshire East Council website at https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/planning/view_a_planning_application/view_a_planning_application.aspx

18/6343N          Bank Farm, Bank Lane, Burland CW5 8LT

Farm building for farm machinery

http://planning.cheshireeast.gov.uk/applicationdetails.aspx?pr=18/6343N

Deadline date for comments: 13th February 2019

 

10. COMMUNICATIONS/SHARED INFORMATION

 To discuss any communication issues and for Members to share information.

 

11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 11th March 2019 – Goodwill Hall, Faddiley

Agenda – Monday 7th January 2019 – Goodwill Hall, Faddiley

AGENDA

Agenda 7th January 2019 01.01.19

PART 1

 

1   APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies for absence should be notified to the Clerk before 6.00 pm on the day of the meeting, if possible.

 

2   DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS

Members to declare any disclosable pecuniary interest or non-pecuniary interest which they have in any item of business on the agenda, the nature of that interest, and in respect of disclosable interests, to leave the meeting prior to the discussion of that item.

If declarations are not made at this point in the proceedings, they should be made as soon as the Member becomes aware of an interest.

Whilst the Clerk can advise on the Code of Conduct and its interpretation, the decision to declare (or not) is the responsibility of the Parish Councillor, based on the circumstances of the matter in hand.

 

3   MINUTES

To approve, as a correct record, the minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on 10th December 2018.

DRAFT Minutes – 10 Dec 2018

 

4   MATTERS ARISING

To raise any matters from the above minutes.

 

5   PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

Members of the public can ask questions or address the Parish Council.

 

6   2018-2020 NATIONAL SALARY AWARD

The National Joint Council for Local Government Services (NJC) has agreed the new pay scales for the 2018-20 period to be implemented from April 1st 2018 onwards.

The new pay scales are attached for Clerks. Members will note that a new pay spine on 1st April 2019 is also included.

The implications of these changes for Burland Parish Council are set out for Members under Part B of this agenda.

E02-18 – 2019-2020 NATIONAL SALARY AWARD

 

7   FINANCIAL MATTERS

7.1   Authorisation of payments

£260.20             Dr MJ Bailey – salary payment for Clerk (Jan 2019) (inc. back pay – see pay award item above)

£62.94                HMRC for month 10 of the tax year (Clerk’s salary) (inc. back tax – see pay award item above)

£90.00               Room Hire – The Goodwill Hall, Faddiley

RECOMMENDATION:               

Members are asked to approve the above payments.

 

7.2   Ledger/Bank Reconciliation Statement (1st April 2018-31st Dec 2018)

The ledger/bank reconciliation statement for the period 1st April 2018-31st December 2018 is presented to Members for note.

 

7.3   Budget 2019/20

Members to consider proposals for the Parish Council’s budget in the financial year 2019/20 (papers already circulated) and to set the precept for the year 2019/20.

RECOMMENDATION:

Members are asked to put forward proposals for the 2019/20 budget and agree the level of the parish precept for 2019/20.

Report – Budget 2019-2020 24.12.18

Draft Budget 19-20 and Budget Mon (Sept 2018) 241218

 

8   BOROUGH COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

 Borough Councillor W S Davies to report on any Cheshire East Council matters of interest.

 

9   HIGHWAY MATTERS/SPEED WATCH

 To receive an update on any issues relating to highways in the parish and affecting the parish.

9.1   Speed Gun

To provide an update on issues relating to use of the speed gun.

 

9.2   Speed Indication Device (SID)

To update on the use of the SID in the parish.

 

10   PLANNING MATTERS

To consider any planning matters affecting the parish.

 

11   COMMUNICATIONS/SHARED INFORMATION

To discuss any communication issues and for Members to share information.

 

12   DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 11th February 2019 – Goodwill Hall, Faddiley

 

13   EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC

That in accordance with Paragraph 1(2) of The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following item owing to the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.

 

PART 2

 

14   NJC 2018-20 PAY AWARD – BURLAND PARISH COUNCIL

To consider a report on the implications of the NJC 2018-20 pay award for Burland Parish Council.

Agenda – Monday 10th December 2018

AGENDA

 

1          APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies for absence should be notified to the Clerk before 6.00 pm on the day of the meeting, if possible.

 

2          DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS

Members to declare any disclosable pecuniary interest or non-pecuniary interest which they have in any item of business on the agenda, the nature of that interest, and in respect of disclosable interests, to leave the meeting prior to the discussion of that item.

If declarations are not made at this point in the proceedings, they should be made as soon as the Member becomes aware of an interest.

Whilst the Clerk can advise on the Code of Conduct and its interpretation, the decision to declare (or not) is the responsibility of the Parish Councillor, based on the circumstances of the matter in hand.

 

3           MINUTES

To approve, as a correct record, the minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 12th November 2018.

DRAFT Minutes – 12 Nov 2018

 

4          MATTERS ARISING

To raise any matters from the above minutes.

 

5          PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

Members of the public can ask questions or address the Parish Council.

 

6         NEW HOMES BONUS SCHEME

Members to consider updates on the application process as part of the New Homes Bonus Scheme 2018.

 

7         FINANCIAL MATTERS

 

7.1        Authorisation of payments

£218.00 Dr MJ Bailey – salary payment for Clerk (Nov 2018)

£54.50              HMRC for month 8 of the tax year (Clerk’s salary)

£25.50              Shires Pay Services (M6-M9 Payroll)

RECOMMENDATION:                Members are asked to approve the above payments.

 

7.2        Ledger/Bank Reconciliation Statement (1st April 2018-30st Nov 2018)

The ledger/bank reconciliation statement for the period 1st April 2018-31st November 2018 is presented to Members for note.

 

7.3        Budget 2019/20

Members to consider proposals for the Parish Council’s budget in the financial year 2019/20 (papers already circulated).

RECOMMENDATION:                Members are asked to put forward proposals for the 2019/20 budget.

 

8        BOROUGH COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

 Borough Councillor W S Davies to report on any Cheshire East Council matters of interest.

 

9        HIGHWAY MATTERS/SPEED WATCH

 To receive an update on any issues relating to highways in the parish and affecting the parish.

 

9.1      Speed Gun

To provide an update on issues relating to use of the speed gun.

 

9.2    Speed Indication Device (SID)

To update on the use of the SID in the parish.

 

10     PLANNING MATTERS

 

10.1      Planning Applications

The Parish Council is invited to comment on the following planning applications, which can be viewed on the Cheshire East Council website at https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/planning/view_a_planning_application/view_a_planning_application.aspx

 

18/5805N          Heath House, Swanley Lane, Burland, Nantwich CW5 8PX

Variation of Condition 3 on 17/4515N – Reserved matters application for the appearance and landscaping following outline approval of application 17/3098N – Outline application for residential development and formation of new vehicular access (Re-submission of application No 16/3085N)

http://planning.cheshireeast.gov.uk/applicationdetails.aspx?pr=18/5805N

 

Deadline date for comments: 18th December 2018

 

11       COMMUNICATIONS/SHARED INFORMATION

 To discuss any communication issues and for Members to share information.

 

12      DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 7th January 2019 – Baddiley & Ravensmoor Methodist Church

 

Agenda 12th November 2018

1           APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies for absence should be notified to the Clerk before 6.00 pm on the day of the meeting, if possible.

 

2          DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS

Members to declare any disclosable pecuniary interest or non-pecuniary interest which they have in any item of business on the agenda, the nature of that interest, and in respect of disclosable interests, to leave the meeting prior to the discussion of that item.

If declarations are not made at this point in the proceedings, they should be made as soon as the Member becomes aware of an interest.

Whilst the Clerk can advise on the Code of Conduct and its interpretation, the decision to declare (or not) is the responsibility of the Parish Councillor, based on the circumstances of the matter in hand.

 

3          MINUTES

To approve, as a correct record, the minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 8th October 2018.

DRAFT Minutes – 8 Oct 2018

 

4          MATTERS ARISING

To raise any matters from the above minutes.

 

5          PUBLIC QUESTION TIME

Members of the public can ask questions or address the Parish Council.

 

6         NEW HOMES BONUS SCHEME

Cllr David Higham, Vice-Chairman of Audlem Parish Council, will attend the meeting to talk about the New Homes Bonus Scheme, as discussed at the previous meeting of the Parish Council.

The following papers are also attached, in relation to Cllr Higham’s attendance at the Parish Council: –

  • Report from Cllr Higham on the NHB Scheme for this area;
  • Priority areas for Nantwich NHB Scheme area
  • Action points from the Nantwich Award Group meeting 4.10.18
  • NHB Business Case Submission Form
  • NHB Application Guidance Notes

Members should note that one of the priority areas for the area covering this parish relates to ‘improving road and pedestrian safety’ and that some parish councils have already put forward the idea of a ‘Road Warden Scheme’ as a possible project

Members should further note that the deadline for submissions is 31st December 2018.

Report on 1st Nantwich Lapp New Homes Bonus Award Team 6.11.18

New Homes Bonus App Guidance Notes 6.11.18

New Homes Bonus Business Case Submission Form (1) 6.11.18

Nantwich Award Group 04.10.18 action points 6.11.18

New Homes Bonus Award Group Priority Areas for Nantwich final 6.11.18

 

7        FINANCIAL MATTERS

7.1        Authorisation of payments

£218.00 Dr MJ Bailey – salary payment for Clerk (Nov 2018)

£54.50              HMRC for month 8 of the tax year (Clerk’s salary)

£25.50              Shires Pay Services (re-issue – previous cheque lost)

RECOMMENDATION:                Members are asked to approve the above payments.

 

7.2        Ledger/Bank Reconciliation Statement (1st April 2018-31st Oct 2018)

The ledger/bank reconciliation statement for the period 1st April 2018-31st October 2018 is presented to Members for note.

 

7.3        Budget 2019/20

For Members to consider the attached report and to put forward initial proposals for the Parish Council’s budget in the financial year 2019/20.

Report – Budget 2019-2020 06.11.18

RP 2018-19 to 30.9.18 06.11.18

Copy of Copy of Budget Mon at Sept 18 06.11.18

RECOMMENDATION:                Members are asked to note the report and to put forward proposals for the 2019/20 budget.

 

8         BOROUGH COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

Borough Councillor W S Davies to report on any Cheshire East Council matters of interest.

 

9         HIGHWAY MATTERS/SPEED WATCH

 To receive an update on any issues relating to highways in the parish and affecting the parish.

 

9.1   Speed Gun

To provide an update on issues relating to use of the speed gun.

 

9.2   Speed Indication Device (SID)

To update on the use of the SID in the parish.

 

10     PLANNING MATTERS

To discuss any planning issues affecting the parish.

 

11       COMMUNICATIONS/SHARED INFORMATION

 To discuss any communication issues and for Members to share information.

 

11.1   Update on the website

For the Clerk to provide a verbal update on the website.

 

12    DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 10th December 2018 – Goodwill Hall